Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Crossing into the state of Florida. 
It doesn't feel like we moved here 3 weeks ago (although we were back home for a week after being here for only 4 days). We had a lot of help from friends and family that helped make the transition as smooth as possible. On moving day we left in groups of two. My sister and I left early Saturday morning so that we could meet my mom and brother on I-95. Jon and my dad left later that morning with the moving truck. Unpacking the truck was quick as well thanks to the addition of Jon's brother and Uncle. 

We had plans to head back to Charlotte that Thursday to return our apt keys and attend a wedding near the mountains. But before we did, we decided to have an evening at Downtown Disney with dinner at Rainforest Cafe. It was a lot of fun and exciting realizing that we are only 30 minutes away. Jon's 1st time at Rainforest Cafe was during our honeymoon and he loved it. 

Over the next week we spent a lot of time in the car with all of the driving back and forth. We drove to Charlotte to finish cleaning our old apartment and turn in our keys, Boone to sight see after the wedding, and then to Charleston to pick up Maxx from my parents.  

Mr. Cranky pants on a break from driving. I think Maxx was tired of all of the car rides.
Take out and catching up on our shows on Hulu at the old apartment.
Hubby all dressed up to be a groomsmen :)
Having fun at the wedding.
Exploring Boone, NC. 
Grandfather Mountain!
Heading back home!

It was a fun trip and a lovely wedding, but after traveiling for Easter and the move, we were excited to get back to our new home!

Jon had a week before he started working, so we did a lot of unpacking and hanging out with his family. My family came down that weekend for Mother's day and to see my grandparents on their 50th anniversary. 
Road trip to Grandma and Grandpa's (Car #2)

The girls + Maxx :)

Happy Mother's Day Mommy!

This weekend we decided to relax and enjoy the nice weather since we both were not feeling to well. Saturday we spent the day at Jon's brother's house and worked on my car a little bit and washed both of our cars. Sunday, Jon was feeling to well so we had a movie day. The morning we did decide to walk to the Farmer's Market. We live right next to a park (literally takes a two minute walk to get there) and on Sunday's they have a Farmers Market. It was perfect and I'm excited to be able to just walk there. We bought ourselves breakfast, some fresh produce, and Maxx got some doggy treats. My goal is to walk Maxx around the park each day and so far so good. Here are some pics of the park:

Morning walk around the park.
Maxx found a turtle!

Enjoying the Farmer's Market. 
I hope everyone has been having a great day! I have to finish working on some plans for this weekend and can hopefully share them tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment